While the Horowitz Dog Cognition Lab is highly active (just check out our Facebook page!) we’re taking a hiatus from blogging in this WordPress forum. In the meantime, here’s how you can stay in touch:
- Facebook: Follow our treat-based studies where we investigate the dog’s perspective
- Website: Learn more about our group and follow our work
- Psychology Today: Follow Dr. Alexandra Horowitz’s blog
- Inside of a Dog: Dr. Alexandra Horowitz’s acclaimed book (52 weeks as a New York Times bestseller! That’s a lot of weeks!)
- Dog Spies: Lab Manager Julie Hecht’s blog on the science behind the dog-human relationship
- Do You Believe in dog?: Julie Hecht and Mia Cobb’s pen pal blog covering all things dog science
And don’t forget… do you live in NYC with a dog? Join our treat-based behavior studies! Email email@example.com or complete our online registration form.
The Horowitz Dog Cognition Lab
What the nose knows
(Help us find out!)
Ever wonder how your dog experiences the world? Join the Horowitz Dog Cognition Lab at Barnard College in NYC and help us learn more about dog behavior. Our group is supervised by Dr. Alexandra Horowitz, author of Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell, and Know. We are looking for companion dogs and owners to participate in a study about the extent of the dogʼs sense of smell.
~ Join our Scent Study ~
Study held at Animal Haven, 251 Centre Street, New York, NY
~ Study Dates and Times ~
Sign up for a 30-minute time slot
Sunday, April 15 from 11-2 pm
Sunday, April 22 from 11-5:30 pm
Sunday, April 29 from 11-5:30 pm
Please email us with your availability on one or more dates and we will reserve your spot.
~ Dog Requirements to Participate ~
Enjoys treats and has no food allergies
Comfortable with people and dogs
Please do not feed your dog for 3 hours before the study
Contact us to learn more and sign up DogCognitionStudy@gmail.com We look forward to meeting you and your dog!
~ Horowitz Dog Cognition Lab ~